euphonies' excitement!

The journey of a girl struggling to follow God's principles in a bottom-line world.

Dienstag, Januar 23, 2007

contemplating about copenhagen

Back from Latvia via Denmark. It was such a privilege to be in Copenhagen - even just in the airport. Journaling on the plane (seems like that is the place I manage to do that most) and pondering upon my goals and dreams of days gone by:

"So funny to think I thought I had it all well drafted out in 2003 - by January 1, 2005, I was going to live in Copenhagen. Sure, I could have forced it to happen. But flying over these Danish isles, I realize how much God has plans far different from our own. "
And that is just the danger with us goal-focused people. Surely it is good to have goals and aspirations. Sure seems to be easier for the Father to move a ship at sea than one at bay. But then, how flexible am I in giving up dreams of my own - (especially when I broadcast them prematurely)?
.
Not wanting to sound trite or distanced from reality - this becomes a daily lesson in humility and abiding when you spend two days in bed and hanging onto the toilet with a stomach flu on your busiest week at work. I am still learning to give it up. Because my Father knows best.
.
Teach me to lay my own aspirations down in utter humility before You, Father!