euphonies' excitement!

The journey of a girl struggling to follow God's principles in a bottom-line world.

Mittwoch, November 24, 2004

difficult day

I just realized just how nice the weather has been so far during my time here. Today, I opened my bank account in my lunch break and brought out Gudrun, my sun-glasses. The lack of clouds make for rather cold evenings, but the sun hit on the office windows so nicely over lunch-time, I could have worn short-sleeves. I read somewhere that a five minute walk OR exposing yourself to the sun is a good method to fight against winder depression. :) I had both this afternoon but I still burst this afternoon like a balloon blown up too much. A combination of high stress levels, bureaucracy to get papers (and running around every day for this paper and that photo and this account and that permit), a desire to do well, a necessity to retain scores of details around the job, the city, the housing loopholes etc finally hit hard this afternoon. I drove to the French town hall with my papers and the lady in front of me just smiles and says “you are missing the xyz document”. I assured her, she must be wrong. She did her best at assuring me I might be wrong. And my big brown eyes just welled up with tears. (How embarrassing!) “Sorry, I didn’t want to cry, I have just been on this everyday for a fortnight now”. I am not a cry baby, yet in this situation and following a pretty bad morning, I simply burst. I don’t think I have ever been stretched quite this far in my life. This evening, I still enjoyed being on the road to meet new people. At Crossroads, we studied the Word together around home-made soup and nice bread and I just needed this peace after a wild day. The church on the other side of the lake has 15 small groups for all different types of profiles: women, working men, young adults, late night, early morning, etc etc etc. So, I got to know some people and the Wednesday group I want to start going to from next week on, and especially, I got to fill up. Speaking of filling up, Odette is officially running on dark red :). It was a good day, it taught me a little more about me and my limitations and my great need for a God, who is so much stronger than myself.

1 Comments:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home