euphonies' excitement!

The journey of a girl struggling to follow God's principles in a bottom-line world.

Freitag, Dezember 01, 2006

thinking through tomorrow

The Escalade is tomorrow in the old town. It's the largest race in Switzerland. Since I was already in Geneva, I s(w)ung by to pick up my number in town after work. It was nice to just stroll along the Parc des Bastions, to see some last minute runners train (Now I ask you, is that wise the night before?) and to enjoy the crisp evening. The calm before the storm. Quite a reassuring feeling after the blur of this eventful week ending in a exacerbated scurry to meet the month's closing and the grandeur of an exquisite bouquet of flowers delivered to my office. *grin*
.
The Léman Bleu bus was already there near the Reformer's Wall with its trailer eager to be the first bird to catch the latest news worthy snippet. The mood setting screens will probably be going up in a few hours. Such a contrast to the picture I'll see tomorrow with runners leaving every 30 minutes like herds of cattle up the alleys Calvin walked through. Though there hasn't been the required training on my side to make this an honorable effort, it will no doubt be fun to wade uphill through the herd of 700+ girls my age frothing at the mouth. Must be a lot of fun to watch.
.
Really interesting that I didn't sign up for the evening dress-up race (La Marmite) since I couldn't find a team to go crazy with designing ridiculous costumes. I totally would have done it. But it turns out, I would have had to drop out anyway for the two evenings to translate "the girl who traveled the Atlantic solo" at Crossroads. So, I'll be a pumpkin next year I guess.
.
Happy December and happy weekend my friends!
.
PS: Why do I always imagine pumpkins when I think of dress up, mom?

3 Comments:

  • At 8:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonym said…

    If I start training now, I might be able to run the "Marmite" next with you - pumpkin sounds great ;-)
    PS : new car has arrived ;-)

     
  • At 10:20:00 AM, Blogger euphonies said…

    It has??? We need to go for a spin. Decided the FR-V was one of my dream cars. Hope you are having fun. Mind the poles in the P&R - saw someone cream theirs not too long ago. Painful!

     
  • At 10:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonym said…

    it is a dream car - just came back from a ride - waow - my old Indy is already forgotten ;-) so, whenever you have time, you're welcome to come and try ;-)
    good luck for the run - Mr Husband running at 16.15 ;-)

     

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home